We have well equipped with MEL 90 and Visumax since early days of our establishment and regularly updated the support software; a new Visumax is also run in 2020. These are the two most advanced machines in terms of Laser Excimer and Laser Femtosecond technology with flexible frequency conversion, allowing for short-time processing, intelligent laser system, automatically following the eye movements to ensure safety and accuracy.
Femtosecond Lasik Surgery
Femtosecond Lasik is a surgical method that uses Femtosecond Laser to form a corneal flap and direct multi-point Excimer Laser on the inner corneal parenchyma to treat refractive errors. This treatment is done entirely with a laser generated by MEL 90 and VISUMAX.
Am I Suited For Femtosecond Lasik Surgery ?
Here are the conditions to take a Femtosecond Lasik surgery:
- Being at least 18 years old.
- Having stable refractive index (no increase of more than 0.75 diopters in the last 6 months)
- Having no corneal structural abnormalities (pyramidal cornea)
- Having an appropriate corneal thickness
- Having no diseases related to retina, lens, glaucoma.
- Having no inflammatory eye diseases such as conjunctivitis, keratitis, intraocular inflammation, and uveitis.
What Should I Do Before My Femtosecond Lasik Surgery
DO NOT wear contact lenses before examination and surgery: at least 1 month for hard contact lenses, 2 weeks for soft and daily contact lenses.
DOT NOT makeup and use cosmetics, keep your eyes and face clean on the day of surgery.
DO NOT wear tight pullovers or shirts made of fur
EAT AND DRINK normally, do not use alcohol or stimulants on the day of surgery. Continue using your prescription drugs if any
GET enough sleep and stay comfortable
DO NOT drive yourself on the day of surgery
Why Femtosecond Lasik Surgery at Japan International Eye Hospital?
VISUMAX & MEL 90 SYSTEM