To accurately evaluate your vision conditions, and correctly detect eye diseases for timely treatment, you are recommended to have your eyes tested with specialized equipment and by experienced medical staff. At Japan International Eye Hospital, you will experience strict and throughout examination and treatment procedures depending on your eye conditions. The entire vision measurement, eye test, and examination procedure is carried out by experienced doctors and optometrists using modern equipment that deliver high-precision results.
Customers will experience a Japanese standard vision test procedure as follows:
- 3D Vision Chart Eye Test: to objectively assess your maximum vision
- +1 diopter and -1 diopter test: to accurately define your current maximum refractive index.
- The Duochrome test: to test whether your current glasses fit your current refractive index, and adjust your glasses accordingly.
- Worth’s Four Dot test: to test and determine double vision (diplopia) or strabismus (squint) on your eyes.
- Contrast Sensitivity test: to test visual acuity in different light conditions, thereby helping assess your post-operative visual quality.
- Visual combination test: to test visual combination of both of your eyes.
The optometrist will measure your eyesight with a modern, fully automatic machine system, combined with specialized vision testing softwares:
- TOPCON non-contact kerato-refractometer (USA) helps define your eye pressure quickly and gently without causing you any pain.
- TOPCON 3D vision testing system (USA) helps assess the vision test results objectively and accurately without depending on light and distance.
After the vision test is completed, you need to see a doctor for a more detailed consultation about your vision condition, and a more careful eye examination, in order to figure out the true cause of your impaired vision, or early detect other eye problems.
An eye examination by an ophthalmologist will help detect eye diseases such as retinal degeneration, cataract or glaucoma, complications of diabetes, eye inflammation, etc.
After a thorough vision test and a consultation by a doctor, if you need more eye indicators and other information, you may undergo the tests prescribed by the doctor for full information about your eye condition:
Corneal topography measurement and assessment of eye anatomy:
This is the required step for those who need a myopia surgery. It is carried out on the Atlas link Visante system (Carl Zeiss): Atlas machine which is used to measure the corneal topography is linked with Visante machine which is used to assess the eye anatomy. This is the most advanced system today, giving absolutely accurate parameters in your measurement and examination, assisting doctors in making reasonable surgical indications.
Visual field test
Visual Field Analyzer will measure your visual field. By testing sensitivity of the retina and the view that the human eye can see, this analyzer produces test results, through which the doctor will detect your possibility of such diseases as glaucoma (if any)
Eye examination with Slit Lamp
This is an eye structural test by looking through a microscope lens, with a slit of light shining into your eye. Opacity of your lens or inflammation on your conjunctiva, cornea, eyelids, tear glands, etc. will be detected through this test.
Examination of eye’s posterior segment (fundus – retina)
For those who need a fundus test, the OCT 3D system, eye ultrasound machines A, B will help early detect problems in the retina and vitreous humor such as: injury to optic nerve, macular, retinal detachment, retinal hemorrhage and some signs of diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, etc. Through the scan and examination results, the doctor will give you the treatment that suits your eye.